Thursday, December 13, 2012

Painting a weatherboard house

Bless me,
It's been months since my last blog session, I accuse myself of...

1. Forsaking play for an unseasonally heavy workload.

2. Blind devotion to the Red & White, especially guernsey no.37...woo hoo!
3. Failure to understand or solve teenage angst.
4. Oh and a slight addiction to house paint?


The transfiguration of Somerton




 Burgundy begone, hello Brimstone grey, natural white and black accents.

Still to paint that guttering...professionals methinks?


 A black door...finally.


 I love our wild strawberries, absolutley rampent in the hills and so pretty.


 My favourite new purchase..the nursery display table right 
outside our Kitchen doors
  13 standard black pots filled with alyssum around a large tub of lettuce.


Halelujah!
Stay posted for more transformations.

Jox


7 comments:

  1. You are incredible Jo - well done - now where is my paint brush and enthusiasm ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choice, used to walk past your house when we lived on Upper Coonara Road. I too am a fan of the grey, white and black and my husband recently painted our front door black!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for husbands and paintbrushes!
      Are you still in the hills?

      Delete
    2. Sorry been at the beach, no we moved after the Black Sat fires to a very pretty lane of old weatherboard houses in Croydon of all places. The power of the internet! Now I live in a quaint 1950's white weatherboard home with a hills garden but half the size of our old one.

      Delete
  3. We have a timber home in the Southern Highlands of NSW which desperately needspainting as it never has been. I love your grey colour. You say Brimstone grey - just wondering what brand of paint you used. It looks gorgeous. You must be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say goodbye to those faded colours and imperfections, and let a DuPaint painter in Sydney bring in a new, beautifully decorated era for your home or business. Our experienced painters sydney can help you!

    ReplyDelete