Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fast track to success, write down your goals


My first story in print

I DON'T GET A LOT RIGHT...
I'm directionally challenged, my counting up isn't that good and if you need to be at the right venue for an U14 soccer match or on a flight home from a weekend away in the same month you departed, then I'm not your first port of call.

However what I do very well is set long term goals. Set goals AND somehow manage to achieve them? If only I could do that with my finances, but that's the downside of having a brain that leans heavily to the functional, not political, right.

Two years ago I decided that a long term goal was to have more creative control over my editorial submissions to lifestyle magazines ie. style the images AND write the story, so I enrolled in an online writing course with the Sydney Writers Centre with the very clever Valerie Khoo. Course completed and a few months later all my BIG ideas seem to vanish....or so I thought?

Winter maybe cold in the Ranges but it has been very kind to me thanks to the Yarra Valley & Ranges magazine. Two submissions accepted and published!

Country Gate posts images + captions
Maple Muse images + story (1,000 words, what I even counted up!)

Thank you Valerie and Yarra Valley & Ranges.

The Winter edition of the YV&R mag is in newsagents NOW!

ttfn Jo


2 comments: